SailNet Community - View Single Post - Croatia is The Place
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Yes I agree with you...but on the best anchorages you can not stay on anchor. You have to pick a buoy and even if they take your garbage away, you have to pay and a lot, for a buoy (20 to 27 euros for a 12m boat).

As you say, Marinas are expensive and the water (this summer in August, for 15 days) was cold, I mean, between 17º and 19º. Sure, you can find a nice of very interesting historic towns and little nice villages on the Islands but we have missed the turquoise waters and the sea temperature from the Balearic Islands, Sardinia and Corsica. on Croatia, even if the waters are clean they never get that color and on the other places I have mentioned I have always got sea water between 20 and 27º.

Regarding the Kornati Islands I don't agree with you (neither the guy that had charted the boat to me). They are without any vegetation, full of boats and they are not a match to the beauty of the Southern Islands, that are covered with deep green forests and Mediterranean flora.

Regarding the winds, that was perfect: No night wind (with one or two exceptions), weak wind on the morning and moderate wind the rest of the day.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook