SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C Landfall 39 Capabilities?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010

satterwhited is on a distinguished road
C&C Landfall 39 Capabilities?

Has anybody had any experience with offshore cruising on a C&C Landfall 39? I'm seriously debating cutting my shore side ties and taking off! However, not so sure if I have the best boat for serious cruising? Any advice would be appreciated regarding a Landfall 39.

A little bit about the boat. I've owned and sailed her for five years up and down the California coast between San Francisco and San Diego, never more then 60 miles offshore. She completed the Baja-Haha with her last owner in 2001 and supposedly did excellent, for what she is. I have no delusions about her sailing ability, she is not fast, she points reasonably to windward, but she is very comfortable and well set up for life on the anchor, water maker, generator, solar, wind, etc...... As I have no real offshore/blue water sailing experience, my concern is the boats capabilities. I guess my real question is, is she seaworthy enough for an ocean crossing and is her sailing ability realistically strong enough to take me where I want to go, and not pull my hair out trying to sail there? Or should I consider another boat? Any thoughts????
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook