SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 24 Corsair
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010

sailstar24 is on a distinguished road
I actually own two Sailstar 24's. The one of which is being restored I have not sailed yet but I know it has a lead keel. The other is a slightly newer one (about a year younger) and I just as of a few days ago discovered it has a lead keel as well. As everyone has already mentioned not every boat is perfect, however the problems associated with this boat are all easily fixed. The main problem would have to be with the chain plates I would move them to the outside just to avoid any headaches down the road. The other problem I would say is the hull to deck connection, instead of it being screwed together and bedded down with sealant, personally I would fiberglass the two together and be done with it. However I am pretty biased being that I am fitting my sailstar out for long passages. Which brings me to the performance of this boat, its not fast but it is stable, seakindly, and safe. I personally have never sailed such a smooth, stable, stiff boat and I am confident to say a boat with the specs of this boat given good condition and the proper offshore cruising gear and most importantly....good seamanship and judgment, this is a boat that truly can take you anywhere you want to go.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook