SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Photo-Op Invitation
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
The Photo-Team is AMAZING!!

Joe (you will always be "Photo Joe" to me and I say that with great respect) your pictures are amazing. How you made our boat look like she was sailing when she was drifting is a work of art! We also enjoyed seeing all the folks in their cockpits, Chris's family, Jaye and Dan, the crews all in their element out for a sail. You did a spectacular job. All the pictures were a treat to view.

Since I am on a tentative connection here in Oxford, I will send you our numbers after I get to my hotel later tonight. You can bet it will include the three camera team members off the bridge.

This was a terrific time. It was so nice to get to meet folks in person. We had some stellar sails on Friday and after we left the photo op on Sunday. Yesterday we made it back to Oxford in 6 hours. If we had known how fast we would fly, we would have stuck around a bit longer. The only problem was the water was being blown out of the bay. Water was very skinny when we traveled Knapps Narrows but we were able to feel (sometimes the bottom) our way along. As we enjoyed our down wind sail, we thought about those of you heading North. Hope it was not too wet for you all.

Kudos to the planning committee for this event. Joe, I think you could hold an event like this on a set schedule but sell those pictures. Clayton sez, "wow, look, you can see the hair on my legs in these pictures!"

Warm regards to all.

crew of Tango
Clayton and Leslie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook