SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking to rent in Potomac River (Alexandria)
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Ditto. Belle Haven rents out a nice fleet of Scots. They still have jet noise, but it isn't completely overwhelming, as it can be at WSM. As you head south on the river, it gets wider and becomes more tranquil.
Personally, I would be fine sailing the WWBridge-Piscataway Creek range. I grew up in Ft. Washington and used to hike the trail from Ft. Washington Marina along the water to the National Park, and I have fond memories of the view from the river up to Ft. Foote and the big estates on Riverview Road, as well as the pretty scenery on the Virginia side.

But my guests are college friends who live out of town and went to school in DC, and I think they'll prefer seeing the DC monuments from the river, so sailing between Haines Point and the WW Bridge may be preferable, despite the noise.

I might throw the question out to them, but I suspect we'll stick with Washington Sailing Marina. It's also a little easier for them to get to from their hotels in DC.

Of course what I REALLY want to do is take them out on MY boat, but that's not doable this time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 09-30-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook