SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heaven Can Wait
Thread: Heaven Can Wait
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
I'm glad you at least got to do the delivery, A - even if it isn't on Raven this time around.

It's an event I'd love to do sometime.. along with many others!

Well......if we are around this time next year and you are up to flying to Sydney.......

Delivery trip was great. I just love being offshore, plain and simple. Not a lot of wind, motor sailed a lot of the way and it was freaking cold. The Dolphins and the shooting star made up for that. Dolphins in the middle of the night are pretty damn cool while that meteor was out of this world. I have never seen one so low to the surface or as close. I kid you not, there was a distinct smell of burning after it had passed and it was quite audible. I'm guessing it must have come down only a mile or so from where we were at the time.

Cold was interesting. Because all our sailing is coastal my wet weather pants are not heavy duty. Mistake. Reality is that it is keeping the wind out, more so than the water which in most conditions is important. I'll be upgrading before the return trip. Boots are another issue. I have a pair that are quite tall. Great for walking through the water but in reality bit higher than ankle boots would make more sense. Dunbarry's would be good but oh my the price of those things.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook