SailNet Community - View Single Post - Living Aboard Cheap- Dreamers read!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
In a sense you're asking the wrong audience, because any women here who would read your post are already interested in boats

Seriously, though, the fallacy may be in trying to generalize what "women" do/want/like. Each one you meet is a separate individual, and it'll only take one to make your life work. There is a truism that women are the primary maintainers of social relationships...I've found it easier to form friendships in the boat community than I ever did living on land. If you show her you're a normal guy who's living on a boat because you love it and are having a great adventure, you may have better luck than if she thinks you're living on a boat because you're a misfit rebel dropout, or too broke to afford a house or apt. Just my ramblings, if it doesn't make sense blame it on the fact that I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning.
What you've said about being a normal guy that just loves the life style makes total sense to me, so maybe I overly concern myself with my own preconception of what women in general think of men and boats. Good to hear your thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook