SailNet Community - View Single Post - pirates in mexico and texas
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
As far as I'm concerned the Mexican government has never really been a friend to the U.S., maybe the people but not their government. I see the Mexican government as takers and hardly ever givers, and in time of any war they were no where to be found...with the possible exception of one small fighter squadron during WWII. The problem in Mexico happening now with the drug gangs, is just another example of how no one can depend on the Mexican government for anything...they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. How a country in such close proximity to the U.S. for so many centuries, can be so backward thinking and unresponsive to the needs of their people is beyond me. Our illegal immigration problem from south of the border is a perfect example, and no matter what the U.S. has done to help Mexico so their people could stay in their own country and lead fruitful lives, the Mexican government finds a new way to make life hard for everyone. The Mexican government is the first to cry over how their people are being treated in the U.S. (it's always someone else's fault), and the last one to do anything for their people. Now this is just my opinion from a person has spent almost their entire life along the western border, and I'm sure other people will have a differing opinion.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook