SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Annapolis Sailboat Show Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
This year is a special treat for me. My wife, daughter, and son are willing to go with me. I told them I am going for boat shopping this year. ....hahaha. My daughter will make a trip from NYC to home.

In this order:

1. Check out the Chicks, and flirt with them and leave my business card for future hook up while my daughter and wife are watching.
2. Check out Beneteau First Series especially 36.7 and 40. If possible left up the floor to see the tank arrangement.
3. Check out Bavaria, Hanse, and Hallberg-Rassy
4. Look at Shannon and Valiant etc. Just for comparison, can't afford it.
5. Take pics of the mid boom and end boom with the traveler set up.
6. If good price, buy a ACR PLB 2884 or 2883, but I doubt it.
7. Keep my eyes and ears wide open, learn from others how to look like a billionaire and teach my kids how to spot a phony.
8. Try not to buy any junk. Going in with empty hands and hoping to get out with empty hands.
9. Go dinner with the family but will be far away from the boat show crowd.
10. At dinner, summarize my finding from the show. Restate the objectives and have them to buy in my BS.....hahahah. Set the time table for the boat purchase. If the situation is not going my way. I will say: Mommy's money is our money, and my money is MINE. It works every time for last 30 years.
11. Mission accomplished

Itinerary and order are subjected to change.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Last edited by rockDAWG; 10-05-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook