SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What Day will you be going to the Annapolis Sailboat Show?

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  WouldaShoulda 
#1 ·
I am wondering when you will plan to attend the Sail Boat Show? Maybe you are planning to addend the Power Boat Show as well?

Are you going by boat or by car? What are your goals for the show?

Hope to see many of you there.

Leslie

sv "Tango", CR 34

#2 ·
We are the ordinary folks, so we will visit on Sat, by car of course. This year will be a treat because my daughter and son will come home just for joining me to the show. We are going boat shopping :D

No power boat for me, but I don't hate those who own power boat :)

#4 ·
Sunday or Monday for me. Looking for a new Magma Grill, Maybe sails but I have pretty much zerod in on UK or Quantum. May look for a main sail track system also

#6 ·
You should check out the Dickenson Sea-B-Ques as well. I looked at them all a few years ago and found the best deal at the show was on the Sea-B-Que. I've been very happy with it.

The new Magma's (not the kettle's) also get good reviews so, I'd shop both and buy the best deal. I think you'll be happy with either, but you should at least check out the competition.

My wife and I will probably go up Saturday and maybe go back on Sunday but haven't firmed up plans yet. She's on travel this week and doesn't get back until Friday so if she's worn out we may wait and go Sunday.

What will I be looking for? We nothing really. We're pretty happy with the way the boat is set up, with the exception of some rigging issues I'll address over the off season, so we'll just walk around and see if we find anything we can't live without. At the very least, I'll have a few Painkillers to help face the season winding down.

#5 ·
We'll go on Saturday. Looking for a full set of foulies for my wife and a new foulie jacket for myself. If we don't fine any deals we'll hold off until the presidents day sales.

Does anyone know if Williams and Heintz still does the trade-in program for their cruising guide chart books at the show?

#7 ·
Going on Friday, by dinghy. (Which may complicate our get together Friday night if we don't come back promptly when the show ends at 7 LOL)

We don't have much of a shopping list, a few practical odds and ends - some replacement LEDs and water filters, a bracket to support our handheld GPS chartplotter, a new Tilley hat for Dan to replace the one that blew away in the Bahamas last winter. We generally tour a few boats in our size range 32-35 feet shopping for cool ideas, but mostly we're very happy with the way our boat/gear is currently set up.

#9 ·
Chef, I don't think there is a Monday of the powerboat show, I think it ends Sunday. The best way we know to get deals is to go the first thing Friday morning and cut a deal to buy the floor model of something the exhibitor won't want to lug back (like a dinghy or an oven); tell him to stick a "sold" sign on it and you'll be back to pick it up the hour before the show closes on the last day. You show your receipt from the seller to the guard gates and tell them you're just there to pick up an item - yo udon't need a ticket for the last hour of the last day. Pick up your item and stay for teardown.

#13 ·
We're going to the show on Friday, but will probably watch teardown Monday afternoon from the roof of Fleet Club (open to the public for the show).

#18 ·
We went yesterday. Lots of nice boats, as usual the people are a little wierd. We went to look, plan and dream. Bought a custom hat with my boats name embroided on it...should have got a few. The sales people were mostly pretty friendly with a few snobs thrown in here and there, the salesman on the 59' Hayalis looked absoulutly miserable, he didn't make a peep when we boarded. The most friendly sales people were the Hunter, Catalina, Benateau types. Seaward has a 30' trailerable that is out of this world, but at close to $200,000 it's a bit pricey. It's great to look and even one day buy a new one, my wife really liked the Catalina's in the mid 30's. I liked them all!

There was one boat I should have bought, they had 8' inflatables for around $750.

Perfect weather. Next year I'm thinking about sailing down and mooring or anchoring so we can party and not have to worry about driving home. I saw mooring bouys out in the harbor but know nothing of them...Another learning opportunuty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.