SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing in foreign waters
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-05-2010 Thread Starter
Sailing in foreign waters

Hey, all; I'm assuming this is the best forum for this thread to open. I haven't been able to find much information on this topic, so far.

I'm about a year (hopefully less) from getting a decent sized sailboat. Once I've learned and gained some mastery in sailing, I'm definitely going to sail to other parts of the world. I'd love to sail the coast of Japan, and stop in some of the small coastal towns, as well as see Tokyo and some of the other larger cities. I'd like to visit S. Korea, and see a number of their smaller fishing towns and islands, as well as make port at Inchon and see Seoul. I'm also interested in visiting the Philippines for awhile. After such places, then, perhaps to Australia.

My big question is, though: How do we legally enter a country's waters? Where would you get your passport stamped? Obviously, Customs would need to look over the boat, right? Yes, I'm a beginner, but I do have big plans!

So... for my future knowledge: How does one enter another country by sailing vessel?

Thanks, in advance.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome