SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sensibulb Caution
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
One of the problems we have found of late is that the definition of 'warm white' has become somewhat fluid. Traditionally 'warm white' was 2700k but today we are seeing 3000k plus lamps branded as 'warm white'. This applies to both CFL and LED light sources.

I've got a bunch of LED lamps in my car , ready to install into our old incandescent fixtures and to replace the halogens in our reading lamps. Should get this done on the weekend, will report back.

ps - the wombats run an architectural lighting business. Quite frankly I think that for residential use the whole CFL/LED v Halogen debate is a load of old hooey if only because lighting is not a major component of the typcal residential energy bill, presuming of course they get turned off occasionally. To my great surprise, for the likes of Osram and Philips CFL/LED has been a nice little earner.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook