SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sensibulb Caution
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
My experience with the new Sensibulbs is totally different from CD's. I also have both old and new and the new ones, while slightly cooler in color temp, are a very comfortable color in our cabin and are not "blue" at all. If you look at them next to the old ones they are indeed more "blue" looking but I don't find them to be cold at all in the cabin and neither does my wife who HATED most every LED I have tried. She never noticed the switch from old style Sensibulb to new though I did stick all of the old ones in the head and v-berth to separate them. I believe the original bulbs were about 2700 and the new ones are about 2900 color temp wise.

The new bulbs are also significantly brighter about 180 lumens vs. the 130 or so for the older ones. They also have a much wider beam width and spread than the old ones did. They are STILL very, very well designed and create no radio interference something no other LED that I know of can claim..

I would be GLAD to trade my old versions for the new style if CD wants to...?? Can't recall how many old vs. new I have but all are new this past August due to a lightning strike. The old style came from Defender and I was pissed when I got them that they were old stock so I ordered directly from Nick at Sailors Solutions..

New vs. Old:

New:

Old:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 10-06-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook