SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sensibulb Caution
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010

helmsmatt is on a distinguished road
As a long term user of Sensibulbs, I must add my two cents. I tried the blue, multiple led lights of old...for about a few seconds and dumped them quickly. Then I found Sensibulbs.
I've used the older Sensibulbs and like the warm color. At one time, apparently in response to a Practical Sailor comment, SCAD came out with a whiter version. Cooler, (not blue) brighter, and I got ahold of one of them. Althought less 'warm', it was great for reading, and ended up in a reading light by my berth, though I did like the 'warmer' ones a bit better. That said, at my age, brighter is better, even if a bit cooler.
Yes, pricey at $40, but knowing what I know (boofus, I believe, is right), I do believe the Sensibulb will be long-lived and my last light purchase. BTW, the customer service I've received from Sailors Solutions has been quite good.
In July I got a new version Sensibulb. A bit brighter, a bit cooler. Blue? Not in the least. Bad? No. My wife, the most aesthetic conscious-woman on the planet, could tell the difference, but it didn't affect the color of any of our interior accoutrements.
I like them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook