SailNet Community - View Single Post - FX sails?
Thread: FX sails?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Since I wanted a specific sail for my new main (Doyle StackPack), I didn't really shop around on price. My experience though, in dealing directly with the loft, was quite positive, and something you don't get, buying online or by mail order. We spent considerable time going over how and where I would be sailing, what I felt I needed in the sail, and what they thought would work best for me. After that, they came out to the boat, and thouroughly measured the rig. Since I was buying the StackPack, they also installed all necessary hardware, and will be installing the sail itself next week. All in all, I was impressed with their professionalism and interest in getting me the best sail for my needs. It was as if they were doing it for their own boat, not some nameless stranger.

Unless you are as knowledgeble about sails as someone like Jeff, I feel, considering the cost, you are money ahead by working directly with the loft, if they take the same professional steps as mine did. To me, it's a question not so much of price, but value. I could have saved some money, by simply buying a main and lazyjacks, but feel I got the best value going the route I did.

Regards,

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook