SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to start?
Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 10-08-2010 Thread Starter
TiredParent
Tired Parent

Small for me... not for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
I built my first boat, an 11' Glen-L sailing dink. Launching was one of the best days of my life. Have fun. By the way, you might find an eight foot boat small for even one grown man.
I fully expect this dinghy to be too small to be very useful. As I said in my initial posting, I am mainly doing this to practice the building skills. The actual boat will probably end up being donated to my son's Boy Scout troop (at least, after I finish the next one. ).

Although I'm in a lot better position, financially, than I was the last time I started to build a boat, I'm still not in a great rush to get going on my second vessel. I figure that one is going to cost in the neighborhood of $15k, and my wife isn't going to want me to spend that money all at once. I think that trying out various other boats before jumping into a specific design is a real good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike
A TIRED PARENT SOMEWHERE IN NORTH CAROLINA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You know you forgot to patch the hole in your boat when you get that sinking feeling.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome