SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to start?
Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010
Tired Parent

TiredParent is on a distinguished road
Small for me... not for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
I built my first boat, an 11' Glen-L sailing dink. Launching was one of the best days of my life. Have fun. By the way, you might find an eight foot boat small for even one grown man.
I fully expect this dinghy to be too small to be very useful. As I said in my initial posting, I am mainly doing this to practice the building skills. The actual boat will probably end up being donated to my son's Boy Scout troop (at least, after I finish the next one. ).

Although I'm in a lot better position, financially, than I was the last time I started to build a boat, I'm still not in a great rush to get going on my second vessel. I figure that one is going to cost in the neighborhood of $15k, and my wife isn't going to want me to spend that money all at once. I think that trying out various other boats before jumping into a specific design is a real good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike
A TIRED PARENT SOMEWHERE IN NORTH CAROLINA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You know you forgot to patch the hole in your boat when you get that sinking feeling.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook