SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Day will you be going to the Annapolis Sailboat Show?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
We went yesterday. Lots of nice boats, as usual the people are a little wierd. We went to look, plan and dream. Bought a custom hat with my boats name embroided on it...should have got a few. The sales people were mostly pretty friendly with a few snobs thrown in here and there, the salesman on the 59' Hayalis looked absoulutly miserable, he didn't make a peep when we boarded. The most friendly sales people were the Hunter, Catalina, Benateau types. Seaward has a 30' trailerable that is out of this world, but at close to $200,000 it's a bit pricey. It's great to look and even one day buy a new one, my wife really liked the Catalina's in the mid 30's. I liked them all!

There was one boat I should have bought, they had 8' inflatables for around $750.

Perfect weather. Next year I'm thinking about sailing down and mooring or anchoring so we can party and not have to worry about driving home. I saw mooring bouys out in the harbor but know nothing of them...Another learning opportunuty.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook