SailNet Community - View Single Post - Good place to overnight Sunday/Monday in trailer sailer.

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010   #4
BubbleheadMd
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
I recommend the public boat ramp at the head of Spa Creek in Annapolis. You'll need to wait for the drawbridge to raise, (every 30 minutes, I believe) to get out.

Then, sail south, around Thomas Point Lighthouse, past the South River, to the mouth of the West and Rhode Rivers. Drop your hook in any of the beautiful, sheltered coves in the Rhode River for the night. Do your thing, and then sail back.

If you think that's too far, you can just sail into the South River and anchor in the little cove by Turkey Point.

It's an easy trip whether you sail, or motor. This weekend's forecast is: Gorgeous, with a 90% chance of Awesome.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
BubbleheadMd is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook