SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
TES 28, Delphia 28, First 27.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMC View Post
Ok, I will ask about one I have never seen before. This I saw in the trailerable thread. TES, of Poland, has a Canadian distributer and seems very cool.

TES Yacht Canada

Seems to be quite the freeboard, would be an interesting ride heeled over (coming from a total newbie on cruising boats) but would seem to be an ideal east coast US boat.

What are your thoughts on the manufacturer and the boat? There was a review on their site but all it talked about were the comforts, not at all about the sailing. Somehow this gives me pause. Anyone seen one of these in person?

This is an interesting boat in a sense that you can have in a 28ft boat an interior that normally you would only find on a 30ft. All the compromises in the boat design are on that direction, to make that interior possible. That ends up with a boat with a nice interior, but with a massif freeboard and a massive look. I guess that's why they don't talk on the brochure about sailing. Sailors that buy this boat are more interested on the interior amenities that in sailing performance.

I don't know what you mean by an "an ideal east coast US boat", but this seems to me as a boat to be used on protected waters.

I like more the other Polish boat, the Delphia 28 that has also a comfortable interior (even if not so BIG as the one from the Tes) and has certainly a better sailing performance. I find this one a more well proportioned and balanced boat.

This boat can come with a fixed keel or a centerboard. They advise that the version with fixed keel is the one that is recommended for "bluewater sailing" or by other words that the centerboard version is only recommended for protected or semi-protected waters.

Delphia 28

Personally I would prefer the First 27.7, a very interesting boat designed by the "Master", Mr. Finot. This is a very diferent boat, it has not the cruising amenities of the Tes, but it puts a smile on your face when you sail with it...and a sailing boat is for sailing. This is a very popular boat in Europe, it is much more faster and enjoyable boat to sail and also a much more seaworthy boat but also a more expensive boat.

This one is a trailerable boat, but it is not a centerboarder (no considerable weight on the Keel). It is a lifting keel boat. The keel has a bulb and in sailing condition (down) it has a draft of 2.15M.

The interior is more "light" but it has the essential for coastal cruising.

first277ang

First 27.7 S

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook