Any interest in a cold overnight sail?
I'm planning to deliver my Peterson 34 GREYHAWK
from Boothbay Harbor down to Marblehead on Friday 10/15 with some help from my Dad. We'll be shuttling cars Thursday afternoon/evening 10/14, and we should be all done with the trip and back in Maine (by car) by Saturday afternoon 10/16.
FWIW, below is the current offshore weather forecast
. It wasn't like this when we originally made these plans, but I should have expected something like this to develop -- seems to be pretty standard fare aboard GREYHAWK (although not much so far this year). This could be a good opportunity for anyone out there who wants some Heavy Weather experience but on somebody else's boat...
PORT CLYDE ME TO CAPE ELIZABETH ME OUT TO 25 NM-
CAPE ELIZABETH ME TO MERRIMACK RIVER MA OUT TO 25 NM-
232 PM EDT MON OCT 11 2010
E WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. GUSTS UP TO 35 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT... BUILDING TO 8 TO
11 FT. RAIN LIKELY. AREAS OF FOG. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 7 FT.
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
PM me here at Sailnet if you would like to join us.