SailNet Community - View Single Post - to move or not to move, that is the question.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
to move or not to move, that is the question.

OK. Im seriously considering a relocation, and would like to be on a coast. if that means the houston area rough estimate to move the mick is about 1300. that does not count the haulout (250ish) + whatever the splash fee is (sameish?)... so we are at 2kish... plus fees for the mast (any $ idea?) unstep/step... and while she is on the hard (here or there) might as well get the bottom done.. 15-2k ish...oh, and while the mast is down there is some wiring to be done (more dough) so all the sudden it looks to be around five large, if not a bit more.

so im starting to think (IF) i sell her and use the proceeds + the 5k i just saved it might be a whole lot less of a hassle to go that route and just buy another boat already where im going to be.... like throw this guy a 10k bid and see if he will haggle...
Westerly Renown Ketch, 1972, Palacios, Texas sailboat for sale

i do like my boat, which is a consideration, but im trying to be a bit practial about a decision that makes $$ sense. however, it might be fun to have something else. part of the problem(well not too bad--i like futzing around on boats), is that i got a pretty good deal on mine, which probably equates to me not getting out what i put in...yes yes i know i know, i knew i never would. even if i got 6ish out of her it would be a wash and similarly sized boats tend to command a bit more so i might do ok

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. ie, move costs i forgot? anything im not considering that i should? thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Q

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook