SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
First 27.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I presume the First comes in both fixed and retractable keels ? Bit sneaky of Benny to use the retra keel in the exterior shots but the fixed for the inside, or am I missing something ? Certainly that interior seems to be missing a centreboard case.
Ref the Delphia, I'm afraid that window treatment loses me completely. Computer generated industrial design has a lot to answer for. Just because you can put stupid squiggles into your design does not make it a good idea.
Yes you are right about the 27.7. This is the interior of the boat with the lifting keel:

That's a good interior design, but remember that with the keel up, that one goes till almost the "roof". That's for improving that inconvenient that some years after this design Finot designed the Pogo 10.50. Same concept but with a swinging keel, that has a much lesser impact on the interior.

Regarding the Delphia, I don't like particularly the look that they give to the boat line (outside) but regarding the inside I would like to reserve my judgement after seeing them on a real boat. Photos (with wide angles can distort reality)

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook