SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Paulo,

Interesting that the element that made me think Dutch was the bow and it turns out that was designed by a Portuguese.

I had a chat (virtually speaking) with BP about the LM45 and he said that he'd have preferred a more modern underbody but that was what the client wanted. If you look at some of the boats that BP has designed in recent years they have a much more modern underwater shape.

I'm not wishing to start a US v the rest of world brouhaha but it seems that in the main they are a pretty conservative people in many ways.

Anywho, your design I like. Being picky I'd move the stove away from the bulhead and the f'ward cabin is not much more than a bed is it ? I'd move the accomodations aft, giving the space lost in the sail locker and quarter cabin to the f'wrd cabin. I don't need lavish guest accomodation so give me the space and cramp them up...hee hee.

btw......you have any pics of your houses ? I'd be interested to see what you do. Message me, I'll send you an email address.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook