SailNet Community - View Single Post - crusing long island sound and shelter isl. looking for moorings , friends, nightlife
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010

jasonr575 is on a distinguished road
i have been back fore a while now and am caught up so i have time to let you know about my trip. first thanks everyone for the tips. Went to niantic river and anchored at keeney cove for 1 night. sailed to watch hill , stayed on mooring as it was very windy for a few days. Got steamers, had a great few days. surf on ocean side was rough from off shore hurricane. Sailed to block island. Made lots of friends, Biked. fished for bonito. Quiet this time of year though. mostly locals but they are great fun also.
Stayed at BI for a few days. Left late going to montague so skipped it. Went straight to greenport. 10 hours on water, two broken panter lines. My portaboat dinghy kept filling with spray and swamping. BY the way sea tow will not help you in this case unless they charge $325 and hour, it is not covered under your plan. Spent 4 days in sterling harbor for maretime fest. Had great time. Smooth steam home to the ct river. Cant wait till next year to do it again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook