SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sabre 42- comments appreciated vs IP
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
And you know Paulo, I still would look seriously into shipping the boat across via Dockwise. Sailing that boat across will be expeisive too. Assuming no catastrophic failures, you will still put incredible wear-tear on the boat and she will have to be very heavily outfitted with all kinds of safety gear, extra sails, extra fuel, etc that you might not put on it if you were 'coastal' (within a few days of land).

I also get the impression (maybe wrongly so) that the poster is not an accomplished long distance cruiser. And I mean this with no dissrespect, but that is a short time table to buy, prep, and learn your boat and do all of that. If you take the ARC out (or just sailing across the Atlantic), your option for boats now includes boats which I feel are much better suited for the bahamas and carribean (namely production boats like Bene, Jeau, and Catalina). The B40 is a nice performing boat and has a lot of hatches and light that you will come to appreciate as a live aboard. Remember, all cruisers are live aboards and we all (no matter what they say on the forum) want to be as comfortable as possible. You have to see this boat as your home, not a boat and not a weekender.

Anyways, don't listen to anything Paulo says. He will try and sell you an X yacht or Swan which he knows deep down in side is no where near as good or fast as a Catalina!! HEHE!

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook