SailNet Community - View Single Post - Please tell me I am not crazy?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010

Matvolver is on a distinguished road
CKR - you're not crazy at all (at least in that regards )

The whole reason I'm looking at living on a sailboat was because I was listening to the radio and they told a story about a family who sailed the world for 8 years together to grow closer together. Before that, I never realized you could do that (live on a boat) in the first place. I've read several blogs about living at sea with kids - apparently they do survive the parents insanities to go on and sail themselves

I would suggest you consider some extended cruises once you get to know your boat better - one of the finer points of living on a sailboat is the fact that you can move to other places whenever you feel like it I can't imagine the kids complaining about a summer vacation in Hawaii or the Bahamas

As St Anna said, it's YOUR life, as well it's YOUR responsibility as to how you raise your children - not the place of others to tell you how to raise them! I think it would be wonderful of you to give your kids the opportunity to learn about boats and the places they can take you - and how would it be more dangerous to live in than the concrete jungle anyways?

best wishes for your future - and your kids