SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cored Hulls and Decks
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Well let me see, my Tartan 37 is going on 30 years old, thats right 30 years old, there are no signs of moisture anywhere in the hull. It is cored below the waterline in a few areas, however its solid glass in any high stress area such as the keel & rudder. Now the deck, well I have two small spots, one near the hawse pipe for the anchor rode and the other is near the dodger, both due to poor after factory installations, most of the post 1980 T37's had solid deck where any factory fittings were placed.

So if a boat can last well into its 30's with out showing any signs of degradation or fatigue, I would happily buy another solid, well built, great sailing vessel if it were cored.

It feels pretty darn good to pass a newish Catalina 400 at full sail when I was was flying one reef in the main and one in the genoa...eat that CD!!! LOL BTW, he gave up and started to motor not long after we passed him coming out of Eastern Bay, not sure if he had somewhere to be or just couldn't stand getting an ass whooping

BTW, someone please show me some photos on any boat, cored or not, where the blisters have gotten into the structural FG/core?

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T37Chef; 10-18-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook