SailNet Community - View Single Post - Standard Horizon GX2100 AIS VHF
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Standard Horizon GX2100 AIS VHF

I think Standard Horizon is going to be selling alot of these radios in the next couple of years. I"ve been in the market for an AIS receiver for sometime now. Standard Horizon sells this VHF with a built in AIS reciever that can talk to our chart plotter for less than what some of the stand alone AIS black boxes were going for. The radio has a small stand alone AIS display screen, however, the AIS function does not appear to work unless the radio is receiving it's location from a separate GPS receiver. It may be a little early to buy these radios though. Ours appears to have a bug which is similar to some other bugs that showed up in an internet search (after I installed the radio) When doing a "position request" via DSC to another vessel, the radio switches over to and then listens to a weather station. I have correspondence in to Standard Horizon and I'm waiting for a reply. Anyone else have this problem?
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook