SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is it possible or just a dream....???
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb5thman View Post
While I have some appreciation for the 'go for it' attitude, my personality type is more of the 'if this happen then I will do this' attitude. In other words, I plan and research before just jumping in and try to base my plannning on the worst case scenario. Which is both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes one can over analyze an opportunity and miss it.

I do however believe that taking on an adventure such as sailing to Hawaii should take some serious consideration, and a realistic analysis of one's abilities. There are plenty of examples of poor planning that resulted in rescue at sea. Sure, things go wrong even on the best planned ventures, but I don't want to be a bad example!!!

Noworries87 is smart to bring along an experienced captain. The experience will be tremendous, and an experienced captain will not overlook the minor details necessary for a safe passage.

I'm sure there are others that were apprehensive and had similiar thoughts.
If you and the boat are outfitted and provisioned properly, and you pick the right weather window it will be a piece of cake. Bring plenty of stuff to occupy yourself with too, because it can get kind of boring after sailing 24/7for a week or more...But the feeling of what you just accomplished will stay with you a life time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook