SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you carry firearms while cruising?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
everytime this comes up on a thread it always just goes wackadoo on both sides of the fence... the hassle factor of international regs (even us costal) even deepens the quagmire. ie, in TX the castle law states that i can have a gun in my house/car w/o a permit for self defense. i have gone through and obtained a CHL (conceal handgun lic), but dont really use it. only some states have reciprocity in regard to such licenses, also probably worth noting--at least in TX--if you hold a CHL you are held to a higher standard of the law. ie, they can site you for dwi/dui/bui(boating under the influence?) soley on the basis of suspicion. is the risk of international jail time worth the trade off of the safety factor? someone will always have a bigger stick ...or can you make a false bottom in your saloon library where it wont be found?

guess like everything else... need to use vs risk of breaking some law... its just a crap shoot.

flaregun and gaff may be enough in most cases....

Q

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook