SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kudos to Catalina
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
I know that I have sometimes been pretty harsh on Catalinas, but it sounds like they have their act together when it comes to supporting their older models.

I have also been pretty hard on how outdated many of their designs have been, but at this years Annapolis Boat show, I was very impressed with the design direction many of their newer models. They have finally begun to produce boats with updated hull forms and fractional rigs. (Now if they could only get away from in-mast furling, and mid-boom sheeting as their only option and add a backstay adjuster option they might finally have gotten the rig right....I know "picky, picky,picky")

Jeff
Jeff,
Being laid back cruisers the Catalina 30 has been a great boat for us so far and they've been a great company to deal with.

I think they do a pretty good job of listening to what their customers want. After all no boat is right for everybody. Heck the way the stern seats are laid out on ours really makes it tough to mount a BBQ

Jim

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White

Last edited by JimMcGee; 10-20-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook