SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canaries to the Caribbean Nov/Dez 2010
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010

snowflake123 is on a distinguished road
Hello to you all,

thanks for the great interest. I am delighted

Well, here are some clarification items:
The Catamaran is owned by 2 guys. Me and the Skip on the boat right now. I am in Montreal at this time (business). The Skip on the Cat will take it to the Caribbean. I will take it back to Europe in 2011/2012. So questions need to be forwarded to the Skip on board. No sweat to contact him via PACTOR III on given email. But anyways, I can answer questions on landline as well, if so requested.

The reason asking for another one or two crewmembers is: Two guys said they were gonna go but now called in sick or unwilling. So we are looking for suitable replacement. I amjust helping as it is easier to coordinate from ashore. Nevertheless, Skip on board gets info from me regularly.

I guess it could be possible to get a ride from southern Portugal or Gibraltar to the Canaries on the Cat (to lower flight costs), since Skip is heading towards Gib right now. They are in eastern Spain at this time. We just have to ask the Skip and you better be quick, so you donīt miss him...

For the food, letīs make it reasonable. Everyone should contribute a little bit to the food on board. More or less. Once on shore, most of the times checks get split anyway. So just play it with some reasonable sense. You would be eating at home too, wouldnīt ya? So, no additional costs actually...

Anymore questions? For serious interests, we can also talk on the phone if one wishes. Write me a PM, then Iīll give you my #.

Thanks again for asking, itīs definitely going to be a cool trip. The boat is very nice and has a lot of room.

Last edited by snowflake123; 10-22-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook