SailNet Community - View Single Post - Health Insurance
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 10-22-2010
Senior Member
jackdale's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 9,298
Thanks: 35
Thanked 77 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 9
From Alberta, Canada

If you are travelling in another Canadian province or territory and require physician services, simply show your Alberta Personal Health Card at the time of service. Medically required physician services are billed automatically to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan. The exception to this is the province of Quebec, where it is likely you will have to pay for the services you receive. Upon returning to Alberta you may apply to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan for reimbursement
The Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan will pay benefits for out-of-country physician services at the same rate an Alberta physician receives. You and/or your supplementary travel health insurance provider are responsible for paying the difference between what is charged and what the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan pays
Both my wife and I have supplemental health care plans through our employers that cover travel. Extended travel can be problematic.

No thread drift intended.

ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)

Last edited by jackdale; 10-22-2010 at 03:10 PM.
jackdale is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome