SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hyannis Port to Norfolk/FL
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Hyannis Port to Norfolk/FL

1981 Tartan 37 with captain, Brian and me.
Day 0: I drove up from Philly airport in a rental car on Thursday. Has to pull off for two hrs for work related conference calls. Didn't get Hyannis until 7 pm.
Captain took us to dinner and stopped to get some last minute provision. Retired to bed early.

Day1: up at 6 am and got to the boat at Hyannis yacht club at 8 am. We are off the dock at 8:30 am. And off to block island.
It was a beautiful day but rough sea 4 to 6 ft from west with a lot of pounding. Captain changed his mind and settle for marthas vineyard. With the stiff wind, our headsail tore and ripped a bid square hole on the middle. Shortly after we find out the anchor came off along all the line. It ends up I was the person for the job. I crawled out to the bow to retrieve the anchor with a pounding sea. I lay flat on my stomach and cling to the floor as the boat fly up and down. I retrieve the line every time at the down stroke. I was completely soaking wet. I am so cold. And the only comfort I find was the salty taste of the water
The scope us so long it was like forever. After this i think I have done for this trip.
The wind continued pounding. Cart

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook