SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hyannis Port to Norfolk/FL
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-22-2010 Thread Starter
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送
Hyannis Port to Norfolk/FL

1981 Tartan 37 with captain, Brian and me.
Day 0: I drove up from Philly airport in a rental car on Thursday. Has to pull off for two hrs for work related conference calls. Didn't get Hyannis until 7 pm.
Captain took us to dinner and stopped to get some last minute provision. Retired to bed early.

Day1: up at 6 am and got to the boat at Hyannis yacht club at 8 am. We are off the dock at 8:30 am. And off to block island.
It was a beautiful day but rough sea 4 to 6 ft from west with a lot of pounding. Captain changed his mind and settle for marthas vineyard. With the stiff wind, our headsail tore and ripped a bid square hole on the middle. Shortly after we find out the anchor came off along all the line. It ends up I was the person for the job. I crawled out to the bow to retrieve the anchor with a pounding sea. I lay flat on my stomach and cling to the floor as the boat fly up and down. I retrieve the line every time at the down stroke. I was completely soaking wet. I am so cold. And the only comfort I find was the salty taste of the water
The scope us so long it was like forever. After this i think I have done for this trip.
The wind continued pounding. Cart

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome