SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Django 7.70

Guys, I would like to tell you about what is probably the biggest comparative boat test sail on the planet

It is made every year by the French magazine "Voile magazine". You think I am exaggerating? Well this year they had 23 boats, all at the same time on the water, most of them 2009 and 2010 models. For testing the boats,they took 3 days, the 7 journalists from the magazine, the 60 invited readers and 20 boat builders

The readers were chosen among the most experienced sailors and sailors that have and sail similar boats to the ones that they are going to test. That way they know what they are talking about They make several group boats, by size and by characteristics (cruiser, cruiser racer, classic and son on).

I had heard already lots of good things about this year overall winner but it comes as a surprise because it is not only a small boat but it is also a boat made by a very small boatyard. The winner is the Django 7.7 (25.6ft). The Django 7.7 has the mini racers as model, but comes with a very nice and functional interior, for its size.

One of the members of the jury was Alessandro di Benedeto, that recently has beaten the record for the the sailor that completed a solo non stop circumnavigation with the smallest boat...the boat was a mini (modified), of course

Some of the testers said about the Django: " I love it. That's a multivalent boat: It can do coastal cruising but can also do offshore cruising. The interior is plain but functional and a good quality one...Very good looking boat, powerful, fast...very easy to maneuver... the boat is so well balanced that we can let go the tiller while under spinnaker... interior luminous and panoramic."

Marée Haute - Home

http://www.bretagne-info-nautisme.fr...s_31.12.09.pdf

http://www.voilesetvoiliers.com/img/...sai-django.jpg

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook