SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for stories of those who get to spend enough time on their boat.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010

nickmerc is on a distinguished road
A few years ago my job took me to Annapolis. I had been heavily involved in traditional sailing and Hobie cats in Massachusetts before I moved. The original job I came here for took too much time. I found a new one. Then the wife decided that we needed to sell the Hobie so we could buy a bigger boat for us to start a family with. We live in a waterfront apartment complex with an attached marina. Two years ago we bought our P30. It is docked outside our window. Since I was able to get myself chosen for the part time dockmaster job I get a free slip.

Before we had our daughter my wife and I would get home from work, eat dinner, then sail until we were tired. Now, we do not sail as much, but we still go out on average 3 times per week with the kid and do regular overnights.

I have been sailing every day for the past 4 days and have plans to sail this evening and each day the rest of this week.

It will soon be time to give up the apartment so we can expand our family, but we do not plan on selling the boat any time soon.
________
Anita_Dark live

Last edited by nickmerc; 08-18-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook