SailNet Community - View Single Post - what makes a good sailbag?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010

jackdale will become famous soon enough
I am often gone for two weeks at time. Sometimes I get to unpack my bag, on some trips everything stays in my bag.

I keep my clothes organized with these:

They are lingerie laundry bags: one for underwear, one for socks, one for t-shirts, one for windshirts, etc.. They are all white. My pants (hiking pants) and fleece are loose, but I roll, rather than fold, them.I have big grey mesh bag for the dirty stuff. My clothes, shaving kit with meds, and sleeping bag go into one canvas bag, my safety gear (inflatable pfd/harness, 4 tethers, extra strobe lights, extra harnesses, jacklines - if needed, foulies, boots and shoes, and a PLB) go in another. I also have a nav bag with plotters, a couple of hand bearing compasses, pencils, erasers, dividers, TSD calculator, Weather Cycler, portable GPS. I carry the extra safety because many of my students do not have it, yet. I also have a headlamp with a red lens, sailing gloves, ball caps with tethers, watch cap, rubber work gloves for cold wet conditions.

The provisions are normally supplied by the school, I ask for a couple special items. I also carry Gatorade; I need the electrolytes as I am susceptible to reflex fainting. I get the powered stuff and mix it in my own water bottle.
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)

Last edited by jackdale; 10-26-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook