SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mirage 26 and Mirage 27
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010

serenespeed is on a distinguished road
Mirage 26 and Mirage 27

Hello,

I'm a very, VERY happy owner of a 1977 (Hull #13) Mirage 26. The boat has been fantastic to my wife and I. We have had her sailing up to 10.3kts (GPS speed) surfing down the back of some rolling waves in the middle of Georgian Bay.

Anyways, I started this thread with the hope of getting some info from other owners of the Mirage 26 (or 27) on running rigging setup. I'm wondering what people have done for there reefing lines, outhaul, spinnaker, etc...

Our boat has some older and tired setups that we are going to replace. If anyone is using a spinnaker or has figured out a reliable way to setup reefing and outhaul lines, I'd really like to hear from you.

I was doing a bit of digging and it seems that the Mirage 27 might have had internal lines in the boom for the two (leach cringle) reef lines as well as the outhaul. But I also think that the boom was a different design - Isomat from RigRite I believe.

Has anyone figured out a way to lead mainsail control lines and halyards aft to the cockpit? I'd like to see how this is done given the curved and bent shape of the cabin top as well as the location of the splash hood.

~~~~~~

I've done a fair bit of work to our boat to make her meet our needs. A few small things and a few bigger ones like redoing all of the electrical system and new scupper plumbing/through-hulls. If anyone wants to ask any questions about the Mirage 26 or Mirage 27, please feel free to ask in this thread. Having a place to post images and discuss the little details of these fun boats could prove valuable (and fun).

Thanks!

Daniel B
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook