SailNet Community - View Single Post - Genoa Delam Wooes
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough
Update - Success!

As I indicated on the Annapolis Boat Show thread, I met with a number of sailmakers and received quotes for a 145% 7.4 oz dacron genoa. With that info in hand, I decided to contact the seller of the used genoa that I bought in November 2009. I thought that it was a long shot that they would do anything about it since it had been nearly a year since the purchase. But since I'd only used the sail since August, I felt that it was a valid issue to raise with them.

I showed the sail to Gary, the Sales Manager at Bacon Sails in Annapolis (baconsails.com), and discussed the problem. He was very concerned about the sail and very interested in finding a mutually agreeable solution. We agreed to apply the purchase price of the dead sail to the purchase of a new sail.

Bacon's new sail price was very competitive with what I was quoted at the Boat Show but their sail was better constructed, with better features. I picked up my new sail today and it's awesome. I can't wait for the weekend so that I can fly her. I'm making tote bags out of the dead sail.

In my opinion, the solution that I received was fair and Bacon's ready willingness to correct a problem is an example of extraordinary customer service. We all know of business that would have shut the customer down in similar circumstances. But Bacon's is a shining example of what should be universal.