SailNet Community - View Single Post - Am I crazy....?
Thread: Am I crazy....?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010

Hollymari is on a distinguished road
Am I crazy....?

Hello and thank you all for this amazing site! I've been doing a lot of research and reading over not only this site, but a lot of sailing materials - preparing for my big moment when I move aboard my own vessel. My name is Hollymari and I'm a senior in highschool, preparing to graduate in seven more months. Imagine my father's shock when some four years ago, as I was entering my freshman year, I told him that the thought of college wasn't all that pleasing to me. Initially the plan was to buy my own airplane (and I've seen some fixer uppers pretty reasonable) but planes crash. So the next option was, living aboard. We argued back and forth until finally, he made me an offer that he figured he'd catch me on. If I was truly serious about the boating life, and skipping college - he would match whatever money I'd saved up when I graduated and put it towards sailing lessons and a new boat for me. So I did just that. I worked odd jobs even, sometimes babysitting MONSTERS and even tutoring a few of the football players ( one of the grossest things ANYONE would ever have to endure) Yet I'm proud to say that at this moment, I've saved up $9738 dollars and my goal/dream/and mission are still the same. I don't think anyone has ever wanted this more than I do. I spend MORE time studying up on sailing materials, than I do my own schoolwork. Yet don't let my sob and boring stories bore you guys - my purpose here is to take any and all knowledge that you guys have about sailing and living aboard - and suck it up. I will not stop on this trek, until I am aboard my own sailboat, and either prepping to head out to sea, or on a slip somewhere down in the bahamas. My grandmother always told me to follow my dreams, and this has become the one that I want. Again I thank everyone involved in the making and maintaining of this website and these forums...

P.S. Please, if you wish to reach me, as I've wanted to reach out to some of the postee's on this site - I will GREATLY appreciate it.. Holly_andrieson at yahoo.com and if that one is bugged, email my dad's address... I made it for him but he NEVER uses it dondelcaccia at yahoo.com

Hollymari A.

Last edited by Hollymari; 11-01-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook