SailNet Community - View Single Post - Am I crazy....?
Thread: Am I crazy....?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010

Yado is on a distinguished road
Hollymari, I love your enthusiasm and I think you need to get on the water and soon, before you explode with excitement! I'd venture to say that most of us were every bit as excited about getting on the water when we started, so we "feel" you on this. For me, I never regret having spent my college aged years on boats under 22 feet and windsurfing; kind of like mountain biking or skiing, only on the water. Real physical and wet and you really get the feel of speed close to the water. That sailing keeps you young and makes you a better sailor, is affordable (easily in your price range) and if you're on the East Coast of the US, you can go almost anywhere with a small boat. There is a lot to read here on the site about cruising on a boat in the 20-30' range and you can do it! But find a marina, hang out, go sailing and the experience will pull you forward into a larger world of sailing and to adventures you can't yet imagine. Go for it. AND, watch this video, which is circulating on the sites, about how one young group went about "living the dream", on the water. It's messy, but they had fun too. Hold Fast on Vimeo