SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many young people (say 35 or under)out there
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010

Memopad is on a distinguished road
I learned to sail and race on 420's in college. After a few years of doing no sailing outside races on everything from 210's to tartan 4100's and C&C115's I finally have my own boat. I do nothing but sail for fun and love every minute of it. I'm 25 and bought a Marieholm IF this past spring, and brought home a Ranger 28 this fall.

Been a great learning experience for me. Completely different perspective on things from a crew vs. owner standpoint. Most of my sailing this summer was singlehanding. Had a few "oh ****" moments (snagging the outboard on the mooring pendant as i was sailing away downwind, yeaaah...) a few days cut short by frustration, usually from too much wind. After sleeping on it and figuring out what I did wrong I'd go back out the next day in the same conditions and it would all go right. I'm sure the new boat (Ranger) will bring another set of surprises and frustrations but I'm looking forward to continuing the learning process.

Last edited by Memopad; 11-01-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook