SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuba in my sights
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Regardless whether you agree with the laws, they are the laws and the penalties are stiff (take you boat from you). I don't agree with teh seat belt law or the helmet law, but I have to comply. That is a different discussion.

I have never been there. If you are from St Pete, they used to do the St Pete - Havana race there (and still sign up for it every year, just don't get the permit so it gets cancelled). See if you can get some info from them. Try googling the race and reach out to them since they are local to you.

I suspect that there are many people here (Americans) that have been to Cuba. But you might be pressed getting any of them to talk about it online, for obvious reasons. I would carefully research the project and really evaluate my risk factor beforfe proceeding down there. It ain't the going there that will be hard. It will be the getting back in and not getting caught.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook