SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Storage Cover
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Going with full boat Fairclough cover over awlgrip topsides this winter. Installation is included for the first year. The frame is up now, the cover is being installed in a couple of weeks. They absolutely assured me that it would not affect the awlgrip. The fabric breaths and should not cause the problems that impervious covers might. Above note on dripping aluminum poles is the first I've heard the concern. The rubber feet on the frame poles sit on my teak side decks. They better not "drip".

I bought mine at the Newport boat show and got a 10% discount. The economics were breakeven to shrinkwrap in 3 yrs. However, that assumes you do the install, removal and storage yourself. I'm learning that may not be practical. Fairclough's cost for that will make the breakeven move much further out. Nevertheless, I think the system is much better for the boat and increases its value if you sell your boat, as the next owner inherits the custom cover. Shrink wrap is truly disposable.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook