SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Prices, Boat Values
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006

Edo Kazumichi is on a distinguished road
Jeff H,

As always you've gone above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks very much.

To answer your questions she's 36 feet long with a beam of 9 feet 6 inches, weighs 13 ton and has a full keel and what looks to me as rather low freeboard. To my untrained eye the hull looks to be both well-constructed and very well taken care of. I don't know about replating but she was sandblasted in '02. Finish is mahagony and though not gold-plated it's not working-boat either. She has a 900-hour Nissan deisel and some good electronics but rather amateurish wiring. She also comes with a load of long-distance gear - huge tanks, a workshop, piles of spares, life raft, EPRB, two dinghies, two outboards, etc. The mizzen mast and both booms were removed in a storm. (Wouldn't this be indicative of poorly maintained rigging?). At the moment she's lying in Southeast Asia and they're asking $40,000.

I'm not looking for anything fancy. I just want a bulletproof boat that can be repaired anywhere if I happen to bang a rock and that will take me safely around the world at something over 5 knots without costing me an arm and a leg.

Last edited by Edo Kazumichi; 07-03-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook