SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmus View Post
43 Pages and I'm astounded. 10% of the posts on here are about how the boat actually sails and about its seakeeping qualities. 90% of the posts are about how big the bloody shower is. Jeez. Buy a caravan or go sailing bluewater and then decide how big the shower needs to be after a force 8 or 9 kicks you in the butt.

For a first post it is not bad

But I guess that you have not read the thread. The vast majority of the boats posted here are far away from the ones that will provide the best service at marina. The vast majority are boats that are much more at ease at sea than at a marina

Regarding bluewater boats, there are some here that are true bluewater boats, some that can cross safely oceans and some that are essentially coastal cruisers.

Why the hell should you think that a thread about interesting boats should be only about specialized bluewater designed cruisers? Do you think those are the only interesting boats?

Do you know that sailors interested in those boats are just a very small minority and that among that small minority only a few uses them for what they are designed to do? Do you know that all types of boats are design compromises and that a specialized bluewater boat will be a poor coastal cruiser and a worst liveaboard boat?

Don't you not know that the vast majority of sailors coastal cruise most of their time, even those that occasionally cross oceans? Don't you know that is the reason why the large majority of the market is oriented for boats that excel in living aboard, coastal cruising with some variable bluewater capacity?

I really don't understand your point

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-04-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook