SailNet Community - View Single Post - 7 days in a Catalina 22 with all 3 kids!?!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010

sausagebarn is on a distinguished road
7 days in a Catalina 22 with all 3 kids!?!

Here is the plan; 7 days in the San Juans next July/August in our Catalina 22 with our 5 y/o b/g twins and 7 y/o daughter. I'll sail up there and the wife and kids will drive. We'll rendezvous in Anacortes or Laconor and sail up to...well, were not sure yet, Sucia for sure and some ideas on a few other places too.
We have overnighted on blake island and Bainbridge Is. before with the kids. They love it. So we figure more of a good thing cant be bad....or are we crazy? So far our sailing adventures have basically consisted of spending a few hours (3-5 at most) sailing and then we pull up to a marina or a dock and the kids get ice cream, etc. But we want to sail and really get the kids out in nature.
We will be bringing our dinghy, tent etc...we dont plan to spend too many nights sleeping on the boat and we are certainly no strangers to camping.
When we bought our boat last year I figured it would be a few years and a lager boat before we could do a trip like this. But I feel confident that we could do this.
Any advice from cruising veterans would be great!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook