SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is a "liveaboard" in SoCal?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010

JungleJim is on a distinguished road
Like anything else, if you extend your stay on board and are more than considerate of others you should be fine. Keep the boat clean with junk off the decks, berth away from the heavy traffic areas. If management pushes back, just say thanks, that your getting some work done and now heading home - then go and come back later. As long as you don't put Marina management in a tough position or tick off a neighbor to have them go complaining you will be fine. Being a good dock citizen, willing to help others makes it easy for people to want you around. I always got phone numbers from my neighbors and would call them during a storm in SD (that's right - one blew 70kts) to tell them they were fine and one a helped run extra lines to my dock cleats. And as you may guess my neighbors were always looking to reciprocate - it was beautiful thing. I never had a problem and I did need to do a lot of refit work before we finally sailed around to Boston. We loved San Diego - try to find the friendliest marina possible. I would guess the larger the better. I liked the Harbor Island Marina - great staff.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook