SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Evosion 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL View Post
I like it.
The hull form is reminicent of the Elliott 9m from 1991.
The interior is a little bit angular and Ikea looking.
I can't quite figure out that backstay arrangement,
and what is up with those helmsman planks?
I don't agree with the Elliott comparison. Sure the Elliot 9m was a great boat, but the transom and the way beam is carried backwards make this a completelly diferent design.

I agree about the interior, but for what is close to a racing machine it seems to me a cosy interior, better than the normal "almost" racing boat.

Regarding the backstay, it seems that you have missed one of the most interesting charactheristics of this boat:

"Vivace introduces a twist control system – E-twist. E-twist controls the twister at the top for better control and performance. The deck is kept free of ropes, and the cockpit is large and functional for many uses. Vivace can sail with the cockpit tent held up, with a small terrace astern.

E-Twist - an innovation in the sailing world. Sail twist is one of the main parameters for a sail performance and how the boat sails. E-Twist is a twist control system that makes it possible to control and define the sail twist, how the sail opens. A true twist increases the sail's performance, and improves the boat's sailing characteristics. Reduces drift, heel, and increases traction. Proper twist starts at the top, and decreases continuously down. E-Twist sacrifice a small part of the sail, to make a much bigger part more effective. Subtotal an increased efficacy and a better interaction between the headsail and mainsail. A system that is simple to control, and not least, a boat that is faster and easier to control."

EVOSION » Information

I don't know if the system is as effective as they say, but I can tell you that the sail shape looks terrific:

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook