SailNet Community - View Single Post - Personal Hygiene
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010

Oh2Sail is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post. I just counted up my stuff for the first time; and was glad to find only 10 (really, all makeup products, a couple for hair.) I'm 56 (yay! No time-of-the-month products!) live in a city and love to dress up. BUT - every winter for years I've spent 2 or 3 weeks cruising, and immediately not only don't want, but don't feel I need, almost anything. No makeup at all. I honestly love my hair all sandy and salty and windblown, even using sunscreen I end up with a glow, and I care barely a whit about style. But, I truly need great sunscreen and lots of moisturizing creams. Girly soaps and shampoos will make you feel more civilized. My biggest tip: oddly enough, if you're cruising in sandy places, it's really really important to have stuff to take care of your feet, like special creams and scrubbers. Those sandy/dirty areas, plus being in water a lot, and your feet can get rough and gross really quick. If you're really going cruising, I think you'll find right away that all that stuff that felt absolutely necessary is absolutely unneccesary. Enjoy1
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook