SailNet Community - View Single Post - Personal Hygiene
View Single Post
post #22 of Old 11-08-2010
Oh2Sail

Thanks for the post. I just counted up my stuff for the first time; and was glad to find only 10 (really, all makeup products, a couple for hair.) I'm 56 (yay! No time-of-the-month products!) live in a city and love to dress up. BUT - every winter for years I've spent 2 or 3 weeks cruising, and immediately not only don't want, but don't feel I need, almost anything. No makeup at all. I honestly love my hair all sandy and salty and windblown, even using sunscreen I end up with a glow, and I care barely a whit about style. But, I truly need great sunscreen and lots of moisturizing creams. Girly soaps and shampoos will make you feel more civilized. My biggest tip: oddly enough, if you're cruising in sandy places, it's really really important to have stuff to take care of your feet, like special creams and scrubbers. Those sandy/dirty areas, plus being in water a lot, and your feet can get rough and gross really quick. If you're really going cruising, I think you'll find right away that all that stuff that felt absolutely necessary is absolutely unneccesary. Enjoy1
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome